Hebrews 4:16 “Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.”
Lets try to understand mercy and grace by what they do in our lives. I trust that this will be a revelation to you and will enable you to come boldly to the throne of grace yourself that you may also receive mercy and find grace to help you in your time of need.
- Mercy brings Jesus Christ from heaven to earth; Grace brings Jesus Christ into my heart. (Luke 1:78; 2Cor 13:5, Gal 2:20)
- Mercy brings forgiveness, Grace breaks the power of sin over me and brings victory over sin. (Matthew 18:33; Romans 6:14)
- Mercy brings deliverance; Grace brings authority over the kingdom of darkness. (Matthew 17:15,18; Luke 10:19)
- Mercy brings healing; Grace brings divine health. (Mark 10:46-52; Matthew 8:17, 3John2)
- Mercy brings salvation; Grace works out that salvation in my life. (Titus 3:5; Titus 2:11)
God is the Father of mercies and the God of all grace. He is rich in mercy (Eph 2:4) and rich in grace (Eph 2:7). You became a recipient of the richness of God ‘s mercy and His grace when you turned to Christ for salvation.
Lift up your head; mercy and grace will help you in your time of need.